A fence is an excellent addition to your home for privacy, security, or property value reasons. There are many different varieties of fences available. Vinyl fencing, also known as PVC (polyvinyl chloride), is an option that has become increasingly popular in recent years.
This type of fence is available in many styles, shapes, and colors, including stone variants. To decide if stone vinyl fencing is suitable for your home, here are some helpful pros and cons to consider.
Pros of Vinyl Stone Fencing
- Cheaper than a stone wall– It’s perfect if you want to replicate the aesthetics of stone without breaking the bank.
- Easier to build– Natural stone walls require lots of heavy materials that are difficult to transport, store, and assemble. Meanwhile, Vinyl is light, pre-made, and installation happens quickly.
- Safe to pressure wash– Stone walls and wooden fences can be damaged by high-powered washing, but Vinyl can easily withstand any cleaning.
- Immune to rot and bug infestations
- Requires no paint or varnish maintenance
Cons of Vinyl Stone Fencing
- Less durable than a natural stone wall– Vinyl Fencing, if well maintained, will last a lifetime, but the oldest structures in the world are made of stone.
- Less easy to repair compared to wooden fencing– Vinyl fencing is pre-made in large sections, making installation a breeze, but if anything becomes damaged, the entire section will need to be replaced.
- Higher initial investment compared to wooden fences– Upfront costs are higher, but the reduced maintenance cost will eventually save you time and money.
- Unable to change color after installation– Vinyl Stone Fencing comes in many colors, but you will be unable to change its color in the future.
- Unable to perfectly match wood or stone aesthetics–Vinyl fencing is a beautiful addition to any home but cannot replicate the look of natural materials perfectly.
Is Vinyl Stone Fencing Right For Your Home?
Both Vinyl and natural fences have their place, and either could make for an excellent addition to your home. In general, Vinyl will have less maintenance and easier installation than natural materials, but the aesthetics are very different.
Whether you need help deciding on a fence material or help to realize your dream project, feel free to contact us for estimates and consultation.